Mi Gente! (or Followers)

Most popular posts this week!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Seeing With No Eyes" Part 4

See These first if you haven't already
http://hubpages.com/profile/Coyadre

Photobucket
In part 4, summer vacation has started for
Rey, but she's going to work for the first time
With her Aunt Trici.

Photobucket
"Child I told you to get up... We aint got time
for nappin', it's 6:30 and we gotta be over to
the Alto's by 6:50" I said fiercely at my niece.

Photobucket
"Oh, I... I wudn't sleepin Auntie!" she said back
with a coy grin on her face.

Photobucket
"Look Rey, I dun told you. Get up n get ya clothes
on"

Photobucket
Lately, Rey had been getting a little bolder with
me. I was guess cause her birthday was comin'
up n she was gon be 16 soon, so she tried me.
"Well excuse the h#%% out of me" she whispered
under her breath.

Photobucket
"Don't let me hear no s%$& like that come out
yur mouth not one more gin! You hear!?"

Photobucket
I then left her to put her clothes on and went
to tell Pauly we were headin out

Photobucket
Paul was a hard sleeper, so I knew he could hear
me when I didn't here all that snorin!

Photobucket
"Paul, Rey and me are gone, you hear?"
"Oh and one more thing... Please try n keep the
house clean while we'z gone!" "Paul!?"

Photobucket
"I hear you I hear you, let me alone!"
That was his good mood answer, no cursing
meant my little brother was happy!

Photobucket
I returned to make sure Rey hadn't went back
to sleep, but I had a much bigger problem on
my hands that that this time.

Photobucket
"Okay auntie, i'm ready!"

Photobucket
"You do know we are going to go clean a house
right... not go to the beach and shopping."

Photobucket
"Yeah... I still wanna look cute though!"

Photobucket
I gave her my stare; she knows what all the
faces mean!

Photobucket
"I mean... it's gon be hot out today Auntie..."
She was bracing herself for the fire she had
erupted in my mind.

Photobucket
"LOOK REY, I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS
S%#&! PUT ON SOMETHING DECENT. NOW!
AND DON'T TRY N GET CUTE WHEN WE GET
OVER TO THE HOUSE IN FRONT THOSE
WHITE FOLKS, YOU HEAR!?"
I had made a mistake saying that...

Photobucket
"WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?"
"AINT I WHITE TOO!?"
Photobucket
I was speechless, completely. All I could do was
apologize and tell her to put on some old jeans.

Photobucket
I left er be.

Photobucket
After I left the room to let her get herself together
I really began to feel bad. I stood in the living room
and shed a couple of tears. I hadn't begun to feel
this way only for what had just happened but for
always trying to force "Blackness"on her. I know my niece
has identification issues, Pauly went through the
same thing and it must be hard for them both.
Her father has always told me to try something
called "seeing with no eyes, but with you heart."
Something he learned in therapy he told me.
I guess I was still in training.

No comments:

This Blog Is Brought To You In Part By

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
#header-inner